Monday, April 27, 2009

What classes should I take next?

Students often ask, “What classes should I take next?” If the class they are completing was one of a sequence, I would suggest taking the next one in the sequence, even though I did not offer the class. However, I became stuck when asked what to take when there was no sequence. Feeling a need to help the students, I searched for a solution.

The first place I looked was the current class schedule. Not surprising, there were a number of classes that expanded on various topics within my class. So, I wrote down the titles along with a brief description and created a handout. The handout was disseminated at the next meeting or emailed to the students if the class had concluded.

One such handout can be viewed by clicking here. Your program coordinator (Glenda, Nancy, Paul, or Rachael) can help you construct something similar.

No comments: