Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Next Term - What You Can Do NOW

It is that time of year when we are releasing the schedule for the next term, in this case, Winter term. The classes don't start till January, but we need to get the word out now.
Since it is Christmas time and even we are planning for the holidays, raising awareness of our upcoming classes can be a challenge. We need your help to make this happen most effectively.
We are asking you to talk up your classes and encourage those you know to sign up. We can send you an email flier, if you request one, which you can send out to any on your email list. You are the front line that our clients see and we want your classes to go.
Do you have any other things you do to get the word out about your class? Share them with us here.

3 comments:

Michelle Wood said...

Here are a few of the things I do:

I post my classes to my Google calendar which is displayed in the sidebar of my blogs.

I also post on Twitter with the #inBend tag with a link back to the blog and calendar.

Whenever, wherever I'm doing any sort of talk or demo, I have fliers handy with my class info.

Also, I send a message to my email list of former students and clients letting them know what's coming up the next month or so.

Michelle

Paul S said...

Thanks for sharing. In your use of social media what kind of response do you get from older class members?

Michelle Wood said...

I haven't found it terribly effective to announce classes on Twitter or Facebook, but almost everyone has email and most people like receiving announcements of upcoming classes.

Most of the folks still find my classes through the catalog or by word of mouth.